Rustica Canteen, Melbourne

22:48

From the creators of Rustica Sourdough Bakery, their latest outlet dubbed Rustica Canteen has arrived in Melbourne. 

Just merely three weeks old, Canteen Rustica has already become one of my favourite to go spots in the CBD for pastries. I love how it is hidden away from the rest of the bustling city in the empty and quiet Guildford laneway. Rustica camouflages itself with the rest of the brick wall surroundings of this laneway, and is only distinguishable by a small white sign hooked near the door which reads Rustica. 


I love the atmosphere of Rustica Canteen, it gives of a rather modern and refreshing vibe. 



Aside from their usual offering of pastries, they offer a breakfast menu, sandwiches and salads. 

To be honest, I came here mainly to try out their pastries after seeing how scrumptious they looked on Instagram. 

Everything about this cronut was amazing. Baked to perfection, each layer was gold brown, full of crunch. The middle layers were filled with oozing yellow custard goodness. Reminiscent of an apple pie, but far more tastier topped with icing and almond flakes. It wasn't too sweet and complemented my latte perfectly.

Salted caramel, one of my weaknesses. It was slightly sweet for my liking, but the small portion meant that it was just right. The cream was light and fluffy, full of the salted caramel flavour. 

Salted Caramel Choux Bomb ($4.50) & Cronut ($6.50)

I left Rustica satisfied with the pastries I had devoured. I was extremely happy that I took home sleek white cardboard box filled with Rustica pastries to share with my family.

My parents loved everything, especially the cronut. The pastries didn't even last a day in my household as we ate them for dessert that night after dinner. 

If you're into pastries and great coffee, I'd definitely recommend this place! I find that the pastries here are somewhat more affordable and filling compared to other places I've tried in the past. Also, the staff here were extremely nice and the service was fantastic. I hope to be back soon to actually try out their lunch menu as well! 

Rustica
33 Guildford Lane, Melbourne

Rustica Canteen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments