Vincent the Dog, Carlton

21:39

A hidden gem in the suburb of Carlton, located just behind the busy Lygon Street. Filled with quirky interior decorations and a cosy atmosphere, this is one of the perfect brunch spots in the area. Seating may be a challenge if you're planning to visit during the afternoon, as the cafe itself is rather tiny. There's a few small tables outside too, although that's not too idealistic during the chilly winter.

Currently going through a green tea obsession, it is pretty obvious to which of the lattes were ordered by me. I was expecting a lot from this latte, but was quickly disappointed after my first sip. The green tea flavouring was too subtle for my liking, and I could still taste the milk even though green tea had been diluted. I regretted not going for the original latte, as my coffee fussy friend said that her drink was rather good. 

Latte ($3.80) & green tea latte ($4.50)

Moving onto the highlight of every brunch session. Aromatic pulled pork placed onto of fluffy waffles, drizzled in chipotle aoili sauce.  I absolutely loved this dish, apart from being asthetically pleasing to Instagramers, the food itself was wonderful. The flavours and textures were well placed together. I was satisfied after a fulfilling meal, and so were my friends who came along on this little brunch trip.


Pulled pork shoulder open waffle sandwich with pickled red cabbage, coleslaw and chipotle aoili ($14.50)

I can't wait to come back next time to try out their range of bagels and the amazing latte (according to my coffee avid friend). This place is definitely worth checking out if you are ever in the Carlton area!


Vincent the Dog
348 Drummond St, Carlton VIC 3053

Click to add a blog post for Vincent the Dog on Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments